All miles are in relation to our Scottsdale Oasis rental home shown in the Photo and Links sections.
- Arizona Boardwalk (4.3 miles) , 9500 Via De Ventura Scottsdale, AZ 85256, has an aquarium, dinosaur, dolphin and butterfly experience, and more.
- Arizona Science Center (21.2 mi) Science museum with planetarium, IMAX, permanent and temporary exhibits. Hands-on fun for all ages!
- Arizona Museum of Natural History (18.8 mi) 53 N. Macdonald, Mesa, AZ 85201, 480-644-2230
- Bowlero Via Linda (2.8 mi) 9027 E Vía Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, Bowling
- CrackerJax (7.3 mi) 16001 N. Scottsdale Rd, Go-karts, bumper boats, mini golf, arcade, batting cage. Check online for coupon specials!
- Glow Putt (2.2 mi) 9160 E Shea Blvd #110, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, Glow in the dark mini golf
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park (7.5 mi) 7301 E Indian Bend Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, train ride around the park and carousel for a small fee, model trains, museum and park
- McDowell Mountain Rancc Aquatic & Fitness Center (4.3 mi)
- Musical Instrument Museum (11.9 mi) 4725 E. Mayo Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85050, fun for all ages and hands-on room
- Out of Africa Wildlife Park (95.7 mi) 3505 W. SR-260, Camp Verde, AZ 86322, 928.567.2840
- Phoenix Zoo (15.1 mi) 455 North Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, Arizona 85008, 602-273-1341
- Rotary Centennial Park (9.1 mi) 12625 N Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268, splash pad, two playgrounds, musical instrument park
- Scottsdale Day Tripper Trolley has 5 free routes to explore north and south Scottsdale. Stops on Scottsdale Road are the city bus stop
- Scottsdale Gymnastics, Trampoline and Parkour (2.5 mi) 9321 N 94th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- Scottsdale Ranch Park (2.1 mi) 10400 E Vía Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- Casino Arizona, 9800 Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256
- Desert Belle boat cruise (24 mi)
- Desert Botanical Garden, (15.1 mi) 1201 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008, 480-941-1225
- Dolly Steamboat in Tortilla Flat, AZ (35 mi)
- Experience Scottsdale Tourism
- FLOAT Balloon Tours Phoenix
- Goldfield Ghost Town (38.3 mi) 4650 N. Mammoth Mine Rd, Apache Junction, AZ 85119, 480-983-0333
- MacDonald's Ranch (13.6 mi) 26540 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255, Horseback rides, petting zoo, pony rides, stagecoach rides, cowboy cookouts
- Tonto National Forest Take a day drive through the Tonto National Forest on N. Bush Hwy where you'll find picture perfect locations and may spot some wild horses! Here are my favorite stops along the way going from north to south. 1. Butcher Jones Recreation Site has a has some dramatic views and a swimming beach. 2. Saguaro Del Norte Recreation Site has a station to purchase park day passes, a public boat landing, marina, docks for boat pick up and drop off, the ShipRock Restaurant and the Desert Belle paddle boat for a narrated cruise. 3. You can go tubing down the Salt River on a hot day! 4. The Phon D Sutton Recreational Area is my family's favorite spot! You can walk down to the river for a fantastic photo opportunity, look for cool rocks and climb the boulders in the river. 5. Granite Reef Recreational Area is a 5 minute stop for a photo op between the reeds with a gorgeous background.
- Tortilla Flat, AZ (50.7 mi), is an authentic remnant of an old west town, nestled in the midst of the Tonto National Forest, in the Superstition Mountain Range. Tortilla Flat started out as a stagecoach stop in 1904 and neither fire nor flood has been able to take away this historic stop along the Historic Apache Trail.
- Besh Ba Gowah (92.1 mi) The ruins of the ancient Salado people who occupied the site nearly 800 years ago. This ancient village is known today as Besh Ba Gowah. The term was originally given by the Apaches to the early settlement of Globe. Roughly translated, the term means “place of metal.” The partially restored ruins, along with the adjacent museum provide a fascinating glimpse at the lifestyle of the people who occupied this region over two centuries before Columbus discovered the “New World. ”Besh Ba Gowah offers visitors a chance to explore the ruins, a museum which houses a large collection of Salado pottery and artifacts, botanical gardens, and a gift shop.
- Talieson (2.4 mi) Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home, 12621 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Topgolf Scottsdale (6 mi) 9500 Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256
- 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (Boneyard) Tuscon - General public access is not permitted, though tours are offered by the Pima Air and Space Museum.
- Topgolf Scottsdale (6 mi) 9500 Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256
- TPC Scottsdale, 17020 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, 480-585-4334
- TPC Scottsdale Champions Course, 8243 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, 888-400-4001
- Troon North Golf Club, 10320 E Dynamite Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85262, 480-585-5300
- Grayhawk Golf Club, 8620 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, 480-502-1800
- Scottsdale Silverado Golf Club, 7605 E Indian Bend Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, 480-778-0100
- Camelback Golf Club, 7847 N Mockingbird Ln, Scottsdale, AZ 85253, 480-596-7050
- McCormick Ranch Golf Club, 7505 E McCormick Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, 480-948-0260
- Talking Stick Golf Club, 9998 East Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256, 480-860-2221
- McDowell Mountain Golf Club, 10690 E Sheena Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, 480-502-8200
- Starfire Golf Club, 11500 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, 480-948-6000
- Legend Trail Golf Club, 9462 N Legendary Trail, Scottsdale, AZ 85262, 480-488-3445
- Continental Golf Course, 7920 E Osborn Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, 480-941-1047
- Westin Kierland Golf Club, 15636 N Clubgate Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, 480-922-9283
- Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, 480-951-0022
- Coronado Golf Course, 2829 N Miller Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257, 480-947-8364
- Phoenician Golf Club, 6000 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, 480-423-2449
- Orange Tree Golf Course, 10601 N. 56th Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, 480-948-3730
- Christmas at the Princess, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, 7575 E. Princess Dr., Scottsdale, AZ Nightly Nov 16, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022. The Village & Twinkle Town with unlimited rides, S'mores Land at The Village, Enchanted Plaza, Lagoon Lights & Trains, Winterland, Christmas Wish attraction, Nativity Garden, Santa's Mailroom, The Lodge, character meet-and-greets and more! Book in advance here.
- Holiday Lights at Salt River Fields from the warmth of your car, Nov 19 - Jan 1. Five million lights, Santa Village, tickets for carriage ride, tune into radio for music. $5 per car, regular entrance, tickets by date and time.
- Zoo Holiday lights Nov 24 - Jan 14, $20 each, purchase tickets in advance.
HEALTH & BEAUTY
- Ancala Nails (1.3 mi) 11300 E Vía Linda b, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 Great spot and reasonably priced!
- Via Linda Foot Spa (.6 mi) 10810 E Vía Linda #113, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 Just around the corner and the best head-to-toe foot massage for a reasonable price!
RESTAURANTS, FOOD & SHOPPING
- Fashion Square (10.9 mi) 7014 East Camelback Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- The Henry in Phoenix (13.6 mi) 4455 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018, 602.429.8020
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch (5.5 mi) for cocktails to and watch the sunset and/or have a luxurious spa treatment
- In-N-Out Burger (6.5 mi) 7467 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- Isabella's Kitchen (10.2 mi) 8623 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- Kierland Commons (7.6 mi) 15205 N Kierland Blvd Suite 150, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Market Street at DC Ranch (9.1 mi) GREAT restaurants and shops at the corner of N Pima Rd & East Thompson Peak Pkwy
- Scottsdale Quarter (7.4 mi) 15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Sweet Republic (2.2 mi) Ice cream
- Twisted Grove parlor + Bar (4.5 mi) 8220 N Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- The Vig (McDowell Mountain location 5.3 mi) 10199 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
STADIUMS & ARENAS
Glendale (20 mi)
TRAILHEADS FOR WALKS & HIKES
- Mountain Bike Trails
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve Trailheads 1-480-312-7013. Scottsdale's McDowell Sonoran Preserve offers an array of fabulous desert trails and award-winning facilities. The Preserve is unique geologically and home to stunning geography, lush cacti forests and diverse wildlife. Now is a great time to explore the 30,500 acres of Sonoran Desert. Choose any of the five major trailheads to connect to over 180 miles of trails of Scottsdale's McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
- Adero Canyon Overlook Trail (11.4 mi) 14800 N Eagle Ridge Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85268, 1.75 miles one way. Trail is not a loop, it is out and back.
- Sunrise Trailhead (5.6 mi) 12101 N 145th Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 Rated moderate. Not as difficult as Tom's Thumb Trailhead.